Recipe: Zucchini Tots

Over the past couple of weeks I've been in party planning mode for Aiden's 3rd birthday, this year because of his current obsession with dinosaurs, we went with a dinosaur theme. Aside from obvious ideas like dino shaped cookies and bugles as dino "toe nails", I wanted to step outside the box and go with a couple unexpected healthy alternatives. So of course when I first saw this recipe for zucchini tots, I had to try it, not only because it looks delish (ps - I hate zucchini), but it also somewhat resembles a tiny little nest, dinosaur nests anyone?

Don't get me wrong I was skeptical at first, because like I stated before, I hate zucchini, the taste and texture bugs me out, but I knew I had to give it a try for obvious reasons, I mean there was cheese involved, it couldn't be too bad, right? Right indeed. They're not exactly tater tots, but the cheese and bread crumbs absolutely bring the crisp to the table, with an amazing taste. Won over yet again and perfect for summer!
Zucchini Tots, er, Mini Dinosaur Nests (Makes 12 Minis)
1/2 Cup Grated Zucchini
1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs/Panko
1/3 Cup Shredded Cheese
1 Egg
Salt and Pepper To Taste
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder

Preheat oven to 400˚

1. Grease mini muffin tins, and set aside. 
2. Grate zucchini, set in small dish towel and squeeze excess water out (I'd skip using paper towels, I went through 10 the first time, oops).  *Don't skip this step, no one likes soggy tots.
3. Next, in a bowl combine cheese, egg, panko and seasonings, mix and add zucchini. 
4. With a spoon or your hands, fill the muffin tins and bake for 15-20 mins, or until browned. 
5. Enjoy!