Best Lemon Bars Recipe

easy lemon bards
I wake up early every Saturday so I can hop down to the Farmer's Market just to indulge in freshly baked lemon bars, they've become somewhat of a weakness in my life, between the cooling yet tart flavor and the crumbly crust I just can't help myself and have been know to buy a few more than I 'need' to. So imagine how dangerous it was when I found this amazing, and (so so so) simple recipe for my very own lemon bars from home. Mmm.

Lemon Bars
Crust
1 1/2 cups  flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon zest
1/3 cup butter, room temp.

Filling
4 large eggs
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed and strained
Preheat oven to 350˚F and line 13×9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
Start by making the crust.  In a large bowl, mix  flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest. Add butter to flour mixture and blend with an electric mixer at low speed until mixture is crumbly. 
Pour into pan and press mixture down with your fingers to form even layer.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until just lightly browned around the edges. For the filling, whisk together eggs, sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl.
 When the crust comes out of the oven and is still hot, pour in filling mixture.
 Bake for about 20 minutes, or until filling is set and does not jiggle when the pan is gently shaken.
Cool completely before slicing. 
Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and enjoy.
amazing lemon bars