Easy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe

I have to say that pumpkin (spice) is one of my favorites, if not my favorite flavors during the fall months. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice coffee and lattes, as well as pumpkin bread all put a big smile on my face. But none have come close to my current obsession with pumpkin muffins (I think I've made about 4 batches of these babies in the last month). 


So I thought I'd share the recipe with my fellow Pumpkin Spice Lovers....

Preheat Oven to 350°

What you need - 
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
2/3 cups sugar 
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture To Sprinkle The Muffins-
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine pumpkin, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Add flour and baking powder and whisk just until combined, then in a separate bowl combine the cinnamon sugar mixture.  If you'd like, add chopped walnuts and/or chocolate chips to the batter. 
Distribute pumpkin mixture into the prepared muffin pan and sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar, I sprinkled a few chocolate chips on a few muffins to satisfy my husbands sweet tooth. Bake for 20 (or 25) minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of 1 of the muffins comes out clean.
Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the muffins to loosen them, cool completely on the rack....And Enjoy!